Saturday, February 21, 2009

Oh my...as we say in the south, "I am in Hog Heaven!"


I am a sucker for organic and/or locally grown foods! I am large enough as it is, without farmers adding growth hormones etc. too my foods. Last night, "D" and I decided to visit our new local grocer, WHOLE FOODS. Yes, it was a little bit of a drive, a little less convenient than the grocer down the street, but well worth it. We left our house with the idea we would return home in an hour or so, and like two kids in a candy store, we wandered aimlessly for hours. I love this store!!! Everything about it was what I want out of a grocery store! It was 50,000 sq.ft. of organic, locally grown, and all natural foods, clothing, and beauty products! How much fun can one person have in one place! The reason I tell you this is 2 years ago a petition online began locally for us to get this store and we finally did! As Whole Foods will tell you they have a commitment to ethical trade, environmental issues, and quality products that is second to none! In my opinion, Go Whole Foods! Maybe, just maybe, if we demand more from the other grocers will get on the train thus lowering the costs a little! In the meantime, I will continue to take my stand, refusing to buy over processed, hormone added, unhealthy, chemically treated foods and continue my search for places like Whole Foods! Oh, and I added a link on the side so you can visit whole foods and other places we love!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. We're there so often that we call it Whole Paycheck. Their store brand (365 Organic) is quite good, and we've been glad to see that they've stepped up its production and variety in these troubled times. Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..Whole Paycheck is a fact..no Trader Joe's though...

    ReplyDelete